Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Well, that was fast.

Use Vim Like A Pro is now available as a book, so you can use kindle, nook, or your favorite book reader (even if it's a pdf reader).

It's already somewhat useful, and people have started downloading copies. A few kind souls even went beyond the $0.00 minimum price and gave me a little cash for my trouble.

It's okay with me if you download it for free. The original version was a simple blog page, and everyone could use it for free. I set the "suggested price" to USD$5.00 but it's really not necessary. I'm not making my living from this little tutorial.

It's really okay if you want to contribute content or corrections. I don't have any real intention of making this a 200-page tome (there are already great, comprehensive books; I want this to be a small jumpstart for busy people).

The leanpub markdown files are very easy to edit, so I will be more responsive with corrections. I'll try to put a little time into this every week.

In the future, I plan on putting screenshots in and show some of the cooler visual features.

I still use vim for a lot of my daily editing tasks. I use language-specific editors as well, and IDEs. I'm not an editor bigot. I even have two emaxen installed on my Mac. I still have a soft spot in my heart for vim, and probably always will.

I hope you learn to love it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment